Emergency Medical TechnicianShelby County Emergency Medical Services
Posting Date: 2018-10-09
Closing Date: 2018-10-31
Organization Name: Shelby County Emergency Medical Services
Address: 101 Old Seven Mile Pike
For additional information, contact: Jerrett Barnes
Contact phone: 5026335725 EXT: 223
Contact E-Mail: email@example.com
KBEMS ambulance or medical first response license: 1118
Position description: Emergency Medical Technician
Position requirements: Qualifications:
• Graduate of a 2 year college/ or trade school – desirable
• Current EMT Certification in the State of Kentucky
• CPR; PHTLS or ITLS Certification
• CPR Instructor Certifications – desirable
• Maintenance of all required Certifications/Renewals
1. Knowledge of Local, State and Federal Regulations applicable to the program.
2. Ability to maintain confidential information and exercise professional judgement.
3. Ability to deal with the public, government officials and other agencies professionally.
4. Ability to communicate orally and in writing.
5. Ability to react quickly and competently in an emergency situation.
6. Understands the health care delivery system.
7. Considerable knowledge of and training in the care and use of emergency equipment commonly accepted and employed by EMS agencies, such as oxygen delivery systems, suction apparatus, anti-shock trousers, splinting devices, backboards, stretcher, etc.
8. Considerable knowledge and skill in treatment of trauma, cardiac arrest, childbirth, respiratory emergencies, pediatric emergencies, shock, etc.
Conditions of Employment:
• Resident of Shelby County (desirable)
• Payroll Direct Deposit Participation
Working Conditions Physical Effort:
• Moderate to Extreme Physical/Mental Activity under extreme weather conditions
• Potential for Hostile Environments
• Ability to lift 75 pounds on a regular basis
Overtime Requirements: Non-Exempt
Availability: 24 hour shift every 3rd day. May be contacted on emergency basis.
Benefits: Kentucky CERS Hazardous Duty Retirement (if eligible)
Vacation, Personal, and Sick Time Provided
To apply: To Apply: Download the application via our website and turn in via email or in person.